Best Homeopathy Medicine For Lower Back Pain
Lower Back Pain (Homeopathy) Primary Remedies Aesculus Pain in the very low back (the sacral or sacroiliac areas) that feels worse when standing up from a sitting position, and worse from stooping, may be eased with this remedy. Aesculus is especially indicated for people with low back pain who also have a tendency toward venous congestion and hemorrhoids.
- Arnica montana
- This remedy relieves lower back aches and stiffness from overexertion or minor trauma.
This remedy is indicated when back pain is worse from even the slightest motion. Changing position, coughing, turning, or walking may bring on sharp, excruciating pain. This remedy can be helpful for back pain after injury and backaches during illness.
- Calcarea carbonica This is often useful for low back pain and muscle weakness, especially in a person who is chilly, flabby or overweight, and easily tired by exertion.
- Chronic low back pain and muscle weakness may lead to inflammation and soreness that are aggravated by dampness and cold.
- Calcarea phosphorica Stiffness and soreness of the spinal muscles and joints, especially in the neck and upper back, may be relieved by this remedy.
The person feels worse from drafts and cold, as well as from exertion. Aching in the bones and feelings of weariness and dissatisfaction are often seen in people who need this remedy. Natrum muriaticum Back pain that improves from lying on something hard or pressing a hard object (such as a block or book) against the painful area suggests a need for this remedy.
The person often seems reserved or formal, but has strong emotions that are kept from others. Back pain from suppressed emotions, especially hurt or anger, may respond to Natrum muriaticum, Nux vomica This remedy is indicated for muscle cramps or constricting pains in the back. Discomfort is made worse by cold and relieved by warmth.
Pain usually is worse night, and the person may have to sit up in bed to turn over. Backache is also worse during constipation, and the pain is aggravated when the person feels the urge to move the bowels. Rhus toxicodendron This remedy can be useful for pain in the neck and shoulders as well as the lower back, when the pain is worse on initial movement and improves with continued motion.
Even though in pain, the person finds it hard to lie down or stay still for very long, and often restlessly paces about. Aching and stiffness are aggravated in cold damp weather and relieved by warm applications, baths or showers, and massage. Sulphur This remedy is often indicated when a person with back pain has a slouching posture.
The back is weak and the person feels much worse from standing up for any length of time. Pain is also worse from stooping. Warmth may aggravate the pain and inflammation. Cimicifuga (also called Actaea racemosa) Severe aching and stiffness in the upper back and neck, as well as the lower back—with pains that extend down the thighs or across the hips — may be eased with this remedy.
- It is often helpful for back pain during menstrual periods, with cramping, heaviness, and soreness.
- A person who needs this remedy typically is talkative and energetic, becoming agitated or depressed when ill.
- Dulcamara If back pain sets in during cold damp weather, along with catching a cold, or after getting wet and chilled, this remedy may be indicated.
Stiffness and chills can be felt in the back, and pain is usually worse from stooping. Ignatia Back pains related to emotional upsets—especially grief—will often respond to this remedy. Thee muscles of the lower back may spasm, and twitches, drawing pains, and cramps often occur in other areas.
- Kali carbonicum
- Kali Carbonicum is a homeopathic medicine for lower back pain with the feeling that the knees are going to “give in.”
- Hypericum perforatum
- This honeopathic remedy relieves lower back pain with sharp throbbing pain.
- Ruta graveolens
- This is used to relieve lower back pain caused or worsened by staying immobile.
: Lower Back Pain (Homeopathy)
Is bryonia good for back pain?
2. Bryonia Alba – For Pain that Worsens with Motion – Bryonia Alba is another majorly indicated medicine for treating back pain. A prominent symptom that decides in favour of Bryonia Alba as the best medicine is that the back pain gets worse with motion.
What is the Indian medicine for lower back pain?
Best Vitamin for Low Back Pain (Sciatica)
Ayurvedic Treatment for Back Pain – The Ayurvedic treatment for back pain is focused on many aspects like diet, lifestyle, and herbal remedies. Lifestyle change refers to a change in posture to maintain the natural curvature of the spine and herbal remedies focus on reducing the inflammation in soft tissues and relaxing the supporting musculature.
- Back pain treatment in Ayurveda involves the following: Bad Posture leads to a reduction in the intervertebral joint space causing an Imbalance of Vata which is corrected through the administration of herbal medications orally as well as detoxifying using Panchakarma.
- Enema is used to correct the Vata imbalance and this also strengthens the bones and joints, thereby reducing back pain.
Abhyanga (massage done by warm medicated oil) is an Ayurvedic treatment for back pain that provides relief from back pain by balancing the doshas. Kati Vasti is also another Ayurvedic method of treating lower back pain. Practicing Pranayama can be helpful in balancing Vata dosha.
- Anulom viloma or alternate nostril breathing can be helpful in balancing Vata.
- It is recommended to avoid refrigerated food and drinks and to consume only warm, sour, and salty foods to pacify vitiated Vata.
- Agnikarma is also an Ayurvedic treatment for back pain and it is the use of thermal microcautery where an instrument known as Agnikarma Shalaka is used to heat specific areas to provide relief from pain.
Practicing Pranayama can be helpful in balancing Vata dosha. Anulom viloma or alternate nostril breathing can be helpful in balancing Vata. Ayurveda recommends the use of herbs like Guggul, Nirgundi, Shallaki, and Ginger to treat back pain. Ayurveda recommends the use of herbs like Guggul, Nirgundi, Shallaki, and Ginger to treat back pain.
Can I take Bryonia and Rhus tox together?
BANERJI PROTOCOL FOR OSTEOARTHRITIS AND OTHER HOMEOPATHIC REMEDIES FOR PAIN AND INFLAMMATION – BRYONIA 200 This is for arthritis where the joints are red, hot and swollen. The condition may be painful with bursting, stitching or soreness. Even the slightest movement brings on the pain, and the complete rest of the part makes it better.
- This is also the #1 remedy for arthritis of the knee and Bursitis.
- Bryonia’s affinities make this remedy a very important one for any joint inflammation of the mucus membranes.
- It has an affinity to the serous membranes of the joints -it is indicated for joints that are red, hot and swollen -swelling of the elbow Serous membranes are tissue layers that wrap around an organ or body cavity to protect them.
The Synovial membranes line the cavities of the free-moving joints, and they secrete synovial fluid into the joint, which in turn lubricates the cartilage on the end of the bone so they can move without friction. Bursitis is an inflammation of the synovial membrane, and it often tends to be found in the shoulder, elbow, hip, or knee, although it can also happen in other joints.
- Here, it is easy to see why BRYONIA would be a top remedy for this condition TIP: Bryonia and Rhus-tox are complementary remedies that work well in alternating or following each other.
- You can take both Bryonia and Rhus tox together! LEDUM 200 This is an excellent rheumatic remedy affecting the joints.
Very painful joints and the small joints tend to be very affected, such as fingers, toes, wrists and ankles. So you may find painful nodosities on the small joints. Joints feel so hot at night that you may feel like throwing off the covers in bed. TIP: This remedy has a particular affinity to the left shoulder and right hip and tends to begin in the feet and move upward.
- RHUS-TOX 200 This is an excellent top remedy for rheumatic pains; therefore, it is one of the first-line remedies for the Banerji Protocols.
- You will feel very stiff on your joints as if the skin was too tight.
- Stitching and tearing pains.
- Rheumatic gnawing and desire to move the limbs frequently.
- At night, you can not rest in any position.
You may feel very restless with the pain. The joints can feel hot and painful and may crack when you move them. A very characteristic feature is that you may feel stiffness and more pain on first moving after resting, like after sitting for a while or getting up in the morning, and it feels better after a little bit of you moving around.
Rheumatic pains that come with the cold, wet weather and damp conditions. So the pain may increase or start when it starts to rain or get worse during autumn. SYMPHYTUM 200 A good general bone pain remedy when the periosteum is affected. Pains in the bones. There is a sensation as if you can feel the rough ends of the bones jagging into the flesh.
Use this remedy twice daily for: -injuries to the bones – bone degradation like arthritis – broken bones, fractures for pain and also to promote healing – any procedure that involves touching an area enclosed in a bone, such as a tooth extraction -tooth implants -bone surgery or bone replacement -a fall causing pain in an area that does not respond to soft tissue remedies Remember that is also complementary to Calcarea Phosphorica, which you can use alongside if needed in low potency like cell salts.
Sympythum 200+ Rhus tox 30 twice daily
For Rheumatoid Arthritis, you can use the protocol above or Bryonia200+Rhus tox 30 twice daily
How do you reduce inflammation in your lower back?
Anti-inflammatory medication – For milder, less severe pain symptoms, over the counter medication can help to relieve your back pain issues. Common medications such as Ibuprofen or Tylenol help to relieve the inflamed area in these mild cases. You can also use anti-inflammatory topical creams that will help reduce inflammation and relieve some of the mild pain symptoms in your back. Taking too much of these medications can be problematic, however. Excess use of these medications can lead to ulcers, kidney damage, negative effects on the liver, as well as gastrointestinal issues. Any pain that lasts for 3 months or longer is considered chronic pain and should be treated as such.