Homeopathic Medicine For Lower Back Pain
Lower Back Pain (Homeopathy) Primary Remedies Aesculus Pain in the very low back (the sacral or sacroiliac areas) that feels worse when standing up from a sitting position, and worse from stooping, may be eased with this remedy. Aesculus is especially indicated for people with low back pain who also have a tendency toward venous congestion and hemorrhoids.
- Arnica montana
- This remedy relieves lower back aches and stiffness from overexertion or minor trauma.
This remedy is indicated when back pain is worse from even the slightest motion. Changing position, coughing, turning, or walking may bring on sharp, excruciating pain. This remedy can be helpful for back pain after injury and backaches during illness.
- Calcarea carbonica This is often useful for low back pain and muscle weakness, especially in a person who is chilly, flabby or overweight, and easily tired by exertion.
- Chronic low back pain and muscle weakness may lead to inflammation and soreness that are aggravated by dampness and cold.
- Calcarea phosphorica Stiffness and soreness of the spinal muscles and joints, especially in the neck and upper back, may be relieved by this remedy.
The person feels worse from drafts and cold, as well as from exertion. Aching in the bones and feelings of weariness and dissatisfaction are often seen in people who need this remedy. Natrum muriaticum Back pain that improves from lying on something hard or pressing a hard object (such as a block or book) against the painful area suggests a need for this remedy.
- The person often seems reserved or formal, but has strong emotions that are kept from others.
- Back pain from suppressed emotions, especially hurt or anger, may respond to Natrum muriaticum,
- Nux vomica This remedy is indicated for muscle cramps or constricting pains in the back.
- Discomfort is made worse by cold and relieved by warmth.
Pain usually is worse night, and the person may have to sit up in bed to turn over. Backache is also worse during constipation, and the pain is aggravated when the person feels the urge to move the bowels. Rhus toxicodendron This remedy can be useful for pain in the neck and shoulders as well as the lower back, when the pain is worse on initial movement and improves with continued motion.
- Even though in pain, the person finds it hard to lie down or stay still for very long, and often restlessly paces about.
- Aching and stiffness are aggravated in cold damp weather and relieved by warm applications, baths or showers, and massage.
- Sulphur This remedy is often indicated when a person with back pain has a slouching posture.
The back is weak and the person feels much worse from standing up for any length of time. Pain is also worse from stooping. Warmth may aggravate the pain and inflammation. Cimicifuga (also called Actaea racemosa) Severe aching and stiffness in the upper back and neck, as well as the lower back—with pains that extend down the thighs or across the hips — may be eased with this remedy.
It is often helpful for back pain during menstrual periods, with cramping, heaviness, and soreness. A person who needs this remedy typically is talkative and energetic, becoming agitated or depressed when ill. Dulcamara If back pain sets in during cold damp weather, along with catching a cold, or after getting wet and chilled, this remedy may be indicated.
Stiffness and chills can be felt in the back, and pain is usually worse from stooping. Ignatia Back pains related to emotional upsets—especially grief—will often respond to this remedy. Thee muscles of the lower back may spasm, and twitches, drawing pains, and cramps often occur in other areas.
- Kali carbonicum
- Kali Carbonicum is a homeopathic medicine for lower back pain with the feeling that the knees are going to “give in.”
- Hypericum perforatum
- This honeopathic remedy relieves lower back pain with sharp throbbing pain.
- Ruta graveolens
- This is used to relieve lower back pain caused or worsened by staying immobile.
: Lower Back Pain (Homeopathy)
Which balm is best for lower back pain?
4. Back pain – People frequently use Tiger Balm to relieve back pain, especially pain in the lower back. Some use certain ingredients in Tiger Balm before or after receiving alternative treatments for back pain, including Gua Sha therapy. In a 2012 study, 18 people who had experienced nonspecific back pain for more than 5 consecutive days had a cream applied to the area before receiving one Gua Sha treatment.
Is Rhus tox good for sciatica?
Homeopathic Medicines for Sciatica Pain – Colocynthis: Excellent homeopathic medicine for sciatica pain on the left side. Homeopathic medicine colocynthis is known to greatly benefit left-sided sciatica. It is indicated where a person complains of pain along the course of the left sciatic nerve.
The pain starts in the lower back and radiates down the leg to toes. In some cases, the pain is located in the left hip, or pain in hip radiates to the knee. The pain may be drawing, tearing, shooting in nature. In some cases, it may be lightening, shock-like, or cramping, Pressure application may provide relief.
Lying on the left side also offers relief in some cases. Few persons requiring colocynthis may also get relief from warm applications. Magnesia phosphoric: Wonderful homeopathic medicine for sciatica pain of right side. Homeopathic medicine magnesia phosphorica is a reliable prescription for right-sided sciatica.
The sciatica pain is cutting, shooting, stabbing, or stitching in nature. Pain starts in the lower back and extends down the right hip, thigh, hollow of knee and leg. Pressure or warm applications may offer relief. In some cases, uncovering the lower limb worsen the pain. Gnaphalium polycephalum – Top grade homeopathic medicine for sciatica pain and numbness.
Gnaphalium polycephalum is the most useful homeopathic medicine for pain in the sciatic nerve when attended with numbness. It is also indicated where sciatica pain alternates with numbness. Folding thighs onto the abdomen provides some relief. Gnaphalium polycephalum is also prescribed in sciatica cases where the pain is confined to the calves and feet.
- Arnica montana, Hypericum perforatum, and Ruta graveolens – Best homeopathic medicines for sciatica pain from a back injury.
- Arnica montana, Hypericum perforatum, and Ruta graveolens are the most useful homeopathic medicines for sciatica arising from injury to the back.
- The injury may be caused by falls or blows.
Arnica montana is advised in the case of sciatica with excessive soreness of lower limbs. The slightest touch is unbearable on the affected side. Hypericum perforatum is considered when the sciatic pain is attended with tingling, burning, or numbness in the affected leg.
The spine is also very sensitive to the touch. Walking or stopping is impossible from intense pain in the back and lower limb. Ruta graveolens is the homeopathic remedy where sciatica pain gets worse on lying down at night. The weakness of lower limbs attends. Cotyledon umbilicus – Effective homeopathic medicine for sciatica pain and sensitivity in lower limbs.
Cotyledon umbilicus is a well indicated homeopathic medicine for intense sciatica pain where it is accompanied by high sensitivity in lower limbs. Heaviness in the lower limbs may also be felt. Also, in case of stinging pain in the left hip, cotyledon umbilicus shows remarkable healing.
- Bryonia alba – Significant homeopathic remedy for sciatica that worsens with walking.
- Bryonia alba is the most effective homeopathic medicine for sciatica that gets worse from walking.
- The slightest motion may worsen sciatica in such cases.
- Lying down absolutely still provides some relief.
- Bryonia alba is also the medicine to prescribe where the person feels relief by lying down on the lower limb of the affected side.
The hip and leg of the affected side may feel heavy. Kali iod: Remarkable homeopathic medicine for sciatica pain that gets worse with sitting or standing. Kali iod is an excellent homeopathic remedy for sciatica pain that offers great help where sitting or standing worsens pain.
- Ali iod is also the preferred homeopathic medication for sciatica pain that gets worse at night.
- The person may wake from sleep in the middle of the night due to the pain.
- Walking provides some relief.
- Another unique feature in such cases is formication on the legs.
- The formication is mostly felt while sitting.
Rhus tox: Top rated homeopathic medicine for sciatica pain that becomes more painful with rest. For sciatica pain that gets worse from rest or while sitting, Rhus tox is the ideal homeopathic prescription. Lying on the painful side could worsen the pain in such cases.
Walking or movement of the affected limb offers relief. Along with severe pain, a burning sensation may be felt in the lower limbs. Rhus tox also works wonderfully well in treating sciatica that arises from lifting a heavyweight. Valeriana officinalis – A best homeopathic prescription for sciatica pain where standing increases pain.
Valeriana officinalis is a most suitable homeopathic medicine for sciatica that gets worse from standing. Persons who need this prescription may also complain of sciatic pain getting worse from stretching the leg. Walking may make things better. Valeriana officinalis is also the most popular medicine to prescribe where severe pain is felt from a calf (back of the leg) to heel.
How do you treat lower back pain yourself?
During this time, follow these steps to protect your back from further injury and ease your pain: –
Rest. Apply heat for 20 minutes to the affected area, alternating with ice if desired. Take over-the-counter pain medication as directed. Continue to move as much as possible. Be active in your daily routine and perform low-impact exercises like walking. Ask a primary care provider to consider a referral to a physical therapist to provide stretching and other back health exercises, Avoid actions that stress your back further, such as bending over to tie your shoes, twisting your entire body, bending from your waist or performing high-impact exercises. Download a PDF with what to do instead,
Back pain also could be a symptom of age-related changes in your spine, such as arthritis or spinal stenosis, a ruptured or herniated disc, or a pinched nerve due to some other structural cause. In these instances, advanced imaging is needed to better understand any structural cause for the pain.
Why do I have severe lower back pain?
Common causes of chronic lower back pain – “Chronic lower back pain is less likely to be caused by injury to your muscles and ligaments and more likely to be due to issues with the lumbar disks, nerves, joints or vertebrae,” says Dr. Palmer. “There are several potential causes of chronic pain in the lower back.” In general, osteoarthritis (the most common type of arthritis) and degenerative disk disease (the natural wear and tear of spinal disks) are the underlying cause of many types of chronic lower back pain.