How To Treat Your Boyfriend
8. Stop Letting Them Take All The Responsibilities – Having a nice partner means that a lot of the time, they’re busy running around doing more than their fair share of the little things that help make a life work. Laundry, picking the kids up, cooking you know how it goes.
- However, they’re probably running the entire house on their own, because they want to make life easier for you — which, incidentally, is putting more of a strain of their energy.
- Scroll down to continue reading article ⌄ ⌄ Scroll down to continue reading article ⌄ Therefore, one of the greatest things you can do in order to treat your nice partner better, is to make sure there’s an equal division of efforts.
For example, simply making sure that you’re doing the laundry that week, rather than your partner, is a great way of allowing them to relax more and worry less, which makes everyone happier.
- 0.1 What makes a man feel loved?
- 0.2 What makes men happy?
- 0.3 What makes a man want to marry you?
- 1 What a man wants from a woman in a relationship?
- 2 What does a man need from a woman?
- 3 What makes a great girlfriend?
- 4 How do u know ur bf loves u?
- 5 How do men express love?
- 6 How do I touch my boyfriend to make him feel special?
What makes a man feel loved?
Men Need Love and Affection – In plain language: Men often feel most loved by the women in their lives when their partners hug them, kiss them, smile at them, and explicitly offer gratitude, praise, and words of affection. Men also feel loved and connected through sexuality, often to a greater degree than women do.
What makes men happy?
What Makes Men Happy? Men, do everything in your power to win at the things that matter most. We are living in an era where happiness seems elusive, but people desire happiness now more than ever. In this article, I’m going to focus specifically on men’s happiness. I’ll try to talk my amazing wife Ashley into writing a companion article specifically focusing on women’s happiness.
- If you’re a man reading this, I hope these insights bring you more happiness.
- If you’re a woman reading this, I hope this article helps you better understand the longings and motivations of your husband, your sons and the men in your life.
- At the end of this article, I’ll list out the Four Keys to a Man’s Happiness, but first, I need to set the stage with some recent research into men’s primary needs and desires.
No two men are the same, so it’s dangerous to assume there’s a one-size-fits-all approach to happiness. On the flipside, it’s naïve to assume we can’t learn some valuable insights from the broader trends of data from the masses. A recent study commissioned by the men’s grooming company “Harry’s” partnered with University College London to do an in-depth survey of 5000 American men from all walks of life to determine the key factors that brought happiness.
- The results of the study were published in “The Harry’s Masculinity Report.” The most compelling insight from the entire study revealed the “key” to happiness among most men.
- It wasn’t money or physical fitness or even a great sex life.
- Sure, most men desire those things, but it turns out none of those factors were the most important to a man’s happiness.
According to the research, the one factor that makes most men happy is (by a large margin) their job satisfaction. Specifically, men want to know that they are respected and valued for effectively using their unique skills and talents to make a positive impact at work.
They want to know they have purpose in their work and their contribution is directly benefiting a meaningful overall mission and cause. The study revealed that when a man feels satisfied in his work, he tends to be happier at home and in all other aspect of life too. There are some dangers in taking this data out of context.
When a man chooses to find all his purpose and satisfaction in his work, it can make work into an idol. When work becomes out of balance, a man’s health and his family can suffer as a result. Men tend to be drawn to pursuits where “winning” can be measured in tangible results, but it’s also important for men to understand that the most important parts of life have no “scoreboard.” When work becomes out of balance, a man’s health and his family can suffer as a result.
- There are no physical trophies given in marriage.
- There are no financial bonuses given for being a good Dad.
- There are no spreadsheets where we can measure the authenticity of our faith; and yet, these are the parts of life that matter most.
- There’s no amount of success outside the home that can compensate for the lack of success inside the home.
It’s wise to put all research through the lens of Scripture, so we can gain a balanced approach to the truth. The Bible has a lot to say about work and about happiness. In fact, some of the Bible’s ancient-yet-timeless wisdom seems to directly support this modern research about the importance of job satisfaction.
- In the Book of Ecclesiastes, King Solomon wrote, “Nothing is better for a man than that he should eat and drink, and that his soul should enjoy good in his labor.
- This also, I saw, was from the hand of God.” ( Ecclesiastes 2:24 ) This verse is essentially telling us that part of the recipe for happiness is to enjoy the simple pleasures of life and to find satisfaction in our work.
There are, of course, many other Scriptures that give us God’s plan for work, happiness, and all other parts of life. As I reflect on my own life and motivations through the lens of Scripture and research, I believe the four key factors that create happiness in men include (in no particular order):
He wants to know he is worthy of respect and honor for his unique contributions at work, at home and in his community. He wants more than the monotony and predictability of the daily routine. He also craves adventure, excitement and even a bit of danger. In the words of John Eldredge, God created him to be “Wild at Heart.” He wants to know that his work and his values will outlive him, and future generations will be blessed because of what he’s done. He wants to know that his life has eternal significance. He wants to share life’s adventures with the love of his life. He wants to know the love of his family and a few loyal friends. Love is perhaps the most important of all human needs.
Through the different seasons of life, these four factors might shift in their place of priority, but all four will remain important to him throughout his life. In every season of life, men want to “win.” We want to know we’re “winning” at home, in marriage, in fatherhood, in our careers, in our faith and in all parts of life.
- When a man feels like he’s consistently losing, he may eventually lose hope and disconnect from everything and everyone that matters most.
- Ladies, do everything in your power to help your husband win and encourage him by letting him know you see him as a winner.
- Your words have the power to build him up or to tear him down.
Be his biggest cheerleader; not his biggest critic. Also remember that his happiness is not your responsibility. You can’t “make” him happy. Certainly, do your part to help him, but ultimately his happiness will be the result of his choices, his mindsets and his priorities.
- Men, do everything in your power to win at the things that matter most.
- Don’t let your hobbies or career overshadow the eternal significance of your faith and your family.
- Eep Jesus first, your family second and everyone else will fall into place.
- When your heart is at peace with the Prince of Peace, then happiness and joy will follow.
Don’t let your hobbies or career overshadow the eternal significance of your faith and your family. Remember that our identity is found in Christ and not in our pursuits or possessions. Selflessly put your wife’s happiness even ahead of your own. Never be too busy for your kids.
What makes a man want to marry you?
Takeaway. The things a man wants in a woman he hopes to marry can be applicable to people of any gender(s). Important relationship factors like trust, compatibility, attraction, and a shared vision of the future can all indicate that marriage may be down the road.
What men need in a relationship?
9. Men Crave Emotional Intimacy – Most men are conditioned to believe that they cannot be weak or show their vulnerable side. Such vulnerability includes expressing concern, showing pain, divulging fears, etc. But some men do crave emotional support from their partners.
- They want to feel comfortable enough with their partner to share their secrets, their fears, and how they really feel if they are wired this way.
- If they were encouraged to express themselves as a child, they would do this more easily as an adult.
- Once a man trusts you, he will share himself without any pressure to do so.
What To Do Try to be his emotional soundboard. Reassure him from time to time that you are there to listen to all his concerns patiently. Your relationship will grow stronger when you respect him for his own way of sharing and responding to emotional intimacy with you.
What a man wants from a woman in a relationship?
10 rules for keeping a man happy in a relationship Men want love as badly as women do. They just might not always be as obvious about it. But generally, they want the same thing: friendship, companionship, chemistry. So why is there so much confusion and miscommunication between the sexes? Rules.
- Some have been handed down through the generations.
- Others are ones we “see” to be true.
- And, of course, there are the ones written from our personal history.
- There are some universal rules applying to men that you probably could find inscribed on the walls of caves from long ago.
- They still ring true today: 1.
Praise. Men adore women who shower them with adulation. Praise is like candy – good for everyone.2. Nagging. Men hate it. Tell them once what you want. You have a 50-50 chance it will be done. Tell them more than that within a 24-hour period and it’s called nagging.
Complain to your mother. Give him dirty looks. Close the kitchen and the bedroom. But whatever you do, don’t nag.3. Crying. Men really hate it. They have no defense. You finally get him to have a serious talk and you start crying because you don’t like how it’s going. Well, girlfriend, you killed that one. Not only is the discussion over, but you put him in a lose-lose situation.
If he ignores your emotions, he’s insensitive. Finish the talk, then cry to the dog. Or a friend.4. Where is this relationship going? Really? You have eyes; use them. It’s obvious. You just don’t want to face it, so you’re making him do the dirty work and spit it out.
- Take the cue.
- Do what you have to do.
- If he doesn’t like it, he’ll fight to get you back.5. Food.
- His mother knew the way to his heart.
- And if she didn’t, here’s your opportunity.
- Men love to eat.
- And be served.
- If you like to cook, you lucked out on this one.
- If you don’t, you’re a dummy if you can’t find takeout that will look, taste and smell like homemade.6.
Action Jacksons. Men either love to be on the move or watch other men move, mostly on TV or at a stadium. Either way, they need it. And they’ll love you for it if you don’t complain about it. He has high respect for a woman who knows the importance of giving him space when he needs it.7.
- Sex. Psst.
- It’s good for both of you.
- It keeps the connection and relieves stress and tension.
- He’ll be putty in your hands.
- Cook a meal for him after and he’ll be so happy he might even cry.8.
- Relinquish the need for control.
- Worse than anything, a man hates when a woman is constantly trying to control every situation.
It’s emasculating and it’s degrading, both to you and him. You’re not very fun or pretty when you’re controlling. Until you get a grip on your fears or whatever is making you work this ugly trait, your relationship will suffer. Let him be the man. You’re with him for a reason.
He’s capable. Let him prove it. He’ll love you for it.9. The power of touch. Touch heals. It’s the unspoken word of forgiveness, love, warmth and compassion. We all can use a little. Men crave it. It makes them closer to you and they will touch back.10. Love. And more love. Tell him. Hug him. Text him. Laugh with him.
Leave love notes in the bathroom or in his car. All the time. You’ll get it back in spades. It’s contagious and it keeps the special spark glowing bright. Lorraine McDaniel, a San Juan Capistrano resident, owns Start’n Over Fabulous ( ), which helps guide people through the mysteries of dating.
What does a man need from a woman?
14. She Is Respectful – A fundamental aspect of a healthy relationship is mutual respect. If you and your significant another struggle to respect each other’s bodies and boundaries, you may not be dating “the one.” Men love women who actually listen and respond to them.
What makes a great girlfriend?
Download Article Download Article Whether you’re in a new relationship or you are approaching your five-year anniversary, there are numerous things you can do to improve your role in the relationship. To be a good girlfriend, you have to be open and honest with your partner, supportive of their wants and needs, and willing to demonstrate your love and affection for them.
- 1 Be affectionate, There are various ways to show your affection; some are more obvious than others and the way you approach this will depend on how openly affectionate you like to be personally. Affection is close to but not the same as intimacy––affection is about openly displaying that you care about this person and can be shown any time of day or night, publicly or privately.
- Pet names like “Baby” or “Sweetheart” are a cute way to show your affection for your partner. Try not to overdo this, however. It can be a major turn-off if you call them “Mr. Cuddle-Bear”, especially in public. Of all things, good communication is the vital part of any relationship, so make sure that they know how much you like them.
- Regular lovey-dovey texts and emails can be a plus, but too many will become overwhelming and you may seem clingy. These types of things do show you’re into them, and you want it to last forever, but don’t come on so much that you scare them!
- 2 Be seductive. Don’t be afraid to be seductive. Most people find it irresistible when a girl is sexy, classy and confident. Confidence means being happy within your own skin; you will exude this without trying if you are accepting of yourself and feel secure about your own worth. You don’t have to force yourself to be the most popular, bubbly personality if that isn’t your style; rather, be the best you on show by taking good care of yourself and trusting that you’re worth their attention. Advertisement
- 3 Give them gifts. When you’re in a relationship, it’s fun to give each other small gifts. Everyone loves to get presents and giving them one shows that they mean a lot to you. Don’t overdo it – just give them a gift when you’re feeling loving and want to let them know how much they mean to you. You don’t want them to think you’re trying to buy their affection.
- Make them something by hand. A paper flower, an artsy heart, something creative that reflects your personality, so that whenever they look at it, they’ll think of you and smile, If you’re the musical type, or play an instrument, feel free to play them a song or two (bonus points if you play a song you wrote yourself). Add a private video of your song to YouTube.
- 4 Don’t get jealous. You should be loving, but not to the point where you start seeing red the second your partner talks to, or even just mentions, another girl. Nothing will turn your significant other off faster than a girlfriend who is so insecure that she can’t stand the thought of other women existing in the universe.
- If they’re out with their friends, don’t text them every two seconds to make sure they’re not talking to other girls. This will only make your partner see how little you trust them.
- 1 Take an interest in their interests. Remember what they like to do and what they like to talk about. You don’t have to act like you love their hobbies, but at least try to understand why they’re such a fan. If they love a band, try to understand why. If they just love to be playful and immature, remember that it might just be their way of releasing stress.
- You don’t have to take an interest in all of their interests. If they enjoy watching baseball but you just can’t get into it, that’s fine, too.
- Just asking about their interests and talking about the things that matter to them can be enough.
- 2 Learn to work as a team. As in any healthy relationship, you’ll experience your share of conflicts, some tiny, some big. Remember to be true to yourself and try to abandon any significant selfishness. A relationship is a matter of teamwork and a symbiotic relationship, not a parasitic one, where a party gives and the other one just takes without giving enough back.
- In times of hardship, a team approach can help you to work through problems in a less emotionally attached way, in that both of you assume responsibilities for fixing things rather than expecting one or the other to fix things.
- Avoid having a “one track” relationship in which the bond revolves around one thing. Keep your relationship strong by bringing variety and diversity into the relationship. Try different and new things together. Relationships are about having fun together, learning together and growing together.
- 3 Compliment them more than you criticize them. If everything you say around them is a criticism or an attack, they won’t look forward to seeing you and they’ll start reconsidering being with you. All the same, you don’t always have to agree with them just because they are your partner.
- Though you can bring up a valid criticism when it feels right, you should say at least four positive things about them for every negative thing you say.
- Don’t nag them just because you’re in a bad mood or things aren’t going perfectly.
- 4 Learn to compromise. If you want to be a good girlfriend, then you have to learn to compromise instead of fighting or being angry the second you don’t get your way. To compromise well, you both have to be able to calmly and rationally discuss a situation while understanding the other person’s perspective.
- You don’t want to be that girl who always gets her way just because your partner would rather give in than stand their ground because you get so angry and upset whenever things don’t go your way.
- 5 Give each other space, You should support your partner, but you should also be able to “be there” for them in spirit when you’re not actually around. If you want to be a good girlfriend, then you have to make time to do your own thing, to hang out with your girlfriends, and to see your partner.
- You should support your partner if they just want to have a night out with their friends instead of trying to intrude. It’s important to allow your significant other to have time to spend with their friends and hang out without you.
- If you feel entitled to all of their time and attention, learn how to not be an obsessive girlfriend, Don’t be an overly protective girlfriend; let them go out without them feeling watched.
- Remember that they don’t need you for everything and that you are separate people as well as a couple. When they need some space, don’t take it personally–recognize it for what it is–their time to rejuvenate and to share different interests with others. But do make sure they know that you’re always there for them. They need to know you will always be there.
- 1 Don’t be too open in the very early days. Easing into a relationship is about ensuring that there is plenty of space for the two of you to get to know one another and trust that you’re right for one another. If you try too soon to “make” something more out of your relationship than it already is, premature pushiness can scare them away and spoil what is ‘there’ to be a good thing.
- Don’t push them to classify your relationship too soon. You don’t have to have the label girlfriend or boyfriend after a couple of dates; this risks causing them to feel that the decision wasn’t their own. Be patient and let them make up their own mind as to when the definitions, like going steady, exclusive relationship, serious dating etc start being bandied about. If the two of you are compatible, your relationship will develop soon enough.
- Don’t start talking about marriage or starting a family before you’ve even met their close friends and parents. Raising such issues prematurely can create tension from the outset and may stall or even bring to an end an otherwise productive and caring relationship.
- Don’t feel the need to show off or impress them. You don’t need to prove anything to them; you simply need to be present and engaged in listening, being attentive and sharing your interests.
- 2 Be honest. While being honest to your partner is very important, to the point of being paramount, it is equally important that you are honest with yourself, If you overreact or make a mistake, you can acknowledge your error and apologize, If you’re feeling vulnerable or upset, you can sort through your feelings and verbalize them to them in a non-accusing way,
- And the most important thing here is that you will be open about your feelings as much as possible. For example, if they do or say something that bothers you, be open about how it impacts you, without being accusing or asking them to change.
- If you establish solid lines of communication from the outset, you’ll know sooner rather than later whether this relationship will endure or fizzle out.
- 3 Speak your mind. Don’t be afraid to make your desires, needs, and opinions known, even when they may conflict with your partners’. You don’t and shouldn’t exist solely to please them. Besides, showing that you are your own person with your own needs, desires, and approach to life will keep them interested in getting to know and understand you as a person.
- Just remember to express yourself in way that doesn’t attack anyone else’s opinion or lifestyle in any way––you can be humble and outspoken at the same time by using assertiveness strategies and remaining considerate of their feelings too.
- 4 Be yourself, Don’t create a fake you just to impress them. It might be tempting if you think they’d prefer a different type of girl but usually this is just cobbling together snippets of things said or suggested and you’re likely to be wrong. After all, they want to date you, not some imagined form of perfection.
- If they actually say such things to you in a badgering, persistent manner, then it is not love, but an attempt to control you.
- Don’t pretend that you share their interests if you don’t. It might be amusing or “safe” to do so initially but it’s extremely hurtful when they learn that you don’t really love what they love; they could be basing their thoughts about your role in their future on something that isn’t real and it’ll end up hurting both of you.
Add New Question
- Question How do you keep a new relationship strong? Mark Rosenfeld is a Dating and Relationship Coach for women and founded Make Him Yours in 2015. Mark specializes in helping people find, attract, and keep extraordinary relationships. He has been featured in Style Magazine, Thought Catalog, Elite Daily, News.com.au, and The Good Men Project. Dating & Relationship Coach Expert Answer Learn more about your partner by asking questions and really listening. Too often we get into conversations where we’re looking for own chance to speak. However, if you can ask a variety of questions about their upbringing, likes, dislikes, wants, and needs, you can learn a lot more about them. For instance, you could ask something like “If you had unlimited money, what would you do with the rest of your life?”
- Question How do you support your partner in a relationship? Mark Rosenfeld is a Dating and Relationship Coach for women and founded Make Him Yours in 2015. Mark specializes in helping people find, attract, and keep extraordinary relationships. He has been featured in Style Magazine, Thought Catalog, Elite Daily, News.com.au, and The Good Men Project. Dating & Relationship Coach Expert Answer Try to be as accepting as you can. For example, many men are culturally conditioned to believe that showing sadness is a sign of weakness. If your boyfriend talks about feeling sad, you could support and accept his feelings instead of judging them.
- Question How can I be a better partner? Mark Rosenfeld is a Dating and Relationship Coach for women and founded Make Him Yours in 2015. Mark specializes in helping people find, attract, and keep extraordinary relationships. He has been featured in Style Magazine, Thought Catalog, Elite Daily, News.com.au, and The Good Men Project. Dating & Relationship Coach Expert Answer Take time to work on yourself and identify your own attachment style. For example, you might have a tendency to feel anxious and lean into your relationship, or be avoidant and lean away from your partner. Once you understand your attachment style, you can communicate it to your partner so they don’t take your behavior personally.
See more answers Ask a Question 200 characters left Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered. Submit Advertisement
- Defend your partner. Showing loyalty and support is a key part of building a relationship’s strength.
- Appreciate all the things that are good in your relationship. Everyone feels more comfortable when there’s appreciation. Wouldn’t you? Learn to thank them for things they do even of it means saying thank you for a ride home. The things that they do for you all resemble the respect they have for you. Not all women have a good relationship, appreciate yours.
- If your partner is acting passive toward you, it doesn’t necessarily mean they don’t love you. It most likely means they are shy or introverted. Perhaps they have never been in a relationship before and just doesn’t know how to act. Or maybe they just aren’t the kind of person to shout from the rooftops but they still feel deeply for you. Talk to them about what causes them to act that way and be understanding, Perhaps they’re expecting you to take more initiative, because you’ve had more experience with relationships than they have. Or perhaps it really is just their way and you need to get used to it.
Show More Tips Advertisement
- Don’t be annoying. Annoying includes constant calls, getting angry when they spend time with friends, pestering them to spend more time with you, whining, complaining about other people all the time, asking for validation all the time (for example, always ending your sentences with “don’t you think so?”), etc.
- Jealousy is a very dangerous emotion. Don’t intentionally make them jealous. That will result in ultimately undermining trust for the long run.
- Don’t compare your current partner to your past one. Nobody appreciates such comparisons, even if you’re trying to make your current partner seem better. They’re not peas in a pod and you’re not the judge of people in relation to each other; think about how much this current relationship works for you in the now instead.
- Don’t be insecure about your appearance. If they’re dating you, they obviously think you’re attractive.
- They will want a little space sometimes so don’t be offended if they ask for it.
- It’s fine to share things with your girlfriends when talking about them, but remember to be respectful of them by not sharing things that are embarrassing, confidential or rude. (Don’t kiss and tell!) You can keep your girlfriends updated on how the relationship is going, but keep them from getting involved in your relationship, unless abuse or other dangerous activities are taking place, in which case tell them everything and let them help you to leave them. But if you decide you want to share private information about the relationship, make sure they know about it and is allowed to do the same with their friends; but don’t let them talk about you like an object.
- Never flirt with their friends! No matter how hot they are to you, you need to assure them that they are the only person for you. If you feel the need to flirt with them, it indicates that you’re not ready for settling into a monogamous relationship.
- Never lie. Don’t just be honest, but be open with things as well. Don’t leave things unsaid, even if it can be awkward, because this can lead to problems in your relationship down the road. There is such a thing as lying by omission––sometimes you need to say something for the sake of clearing the air where leaving it unsaid would lead them to think the wrong things.
- Don’t look at their phone unless they make it clear that it’s okay. Expect the same in reverse.
- Don’t conduct secret tests on your partner to see what they’ll do. It’s humiliating, disrespectful and unfair. Plus, you wouldn’t want them to do that to you. The same goes for coercing your partner with sex.
- Know the difference between constructive criticism and criticism that simply lays waste to a person’s character because you’d prefer they’d act differently from who they are.
Advertisement Article Summary X To be a good girlfriend, be honest with your partner about your desires, needs, and opinions, so they can understand what you think and feel. If you make a mistake, apologize right away to show you care about them and want to be the best girlfriend you can be.
You should also be affectionate, by giving them hugs, kisses, and complimenting them to remind them that you care. While spending quality time together is a must, it’s equally important to have time apart from each other so you can maintain healthy friendships and pursue your personal hobbies and interests.
For more tips, including how to show an interest in your partner’s hobbies, read on! Did this summary help you? Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 3,901,240 times.
How do u know ur bf loves u?
Download Article Download Article If you’ve been together with your boyfriend for a little while, you might want to know if it’s getting serious. Your boyfriend might say he loves you, but you aren’t sure if he really does. If your boyfriend doesn’t say he loves you, there are ways to determine whether or not he feels love toward you. Look at your boyfriend’s actions, and then consider his words.
- 1 Ask yourself if he treats you with respect, When your boyfriend really loves you, he’ll be interested in you. He will respect your ideas and opinions, even when he doesn’t agree with them. He’ll pay attention to details about your likes and dislikes, and he’ll accommodate your needs to the best of his ability.
- Does he ask you about your life?
- Does he appear to genuinely care about your feelings and opinions?
- 2 Observe his ability to compromise. If your boyfriend respects you, he’ll initiate compromises even though you haven’t asked him to. Whether he compromises on little things, like going to see a movie he doesn’t care for because he knows you’ll like it, or bigger issues, compromise is an important sign that your boyfriend really loves you.
- True compromise doesn’t mean “I’ll do this for you, if you do this for me.” It’s not a negotiation.
- Does he insist on being right on a disagreement of opinion? Or is he okay with letting you have the last word?
- 3 Notice where your boyfriend touches you. Most people in love have a need to touch the object of their attention, even without sexual activity. Does he seem interested in touching you? Does he feel interested in you when he’s touching you? Public touches are a public display of affection, and demonstrate to the world that the person cares for you.
- If you’re not sure how he feels when he touches you, check with your own feelings. Are you feeling loved? Or are you feeling like he’s trying to “stake a claim” by touching you in public?
- If he’s shy, or if he’s from a culture where public touching isn’t acceptable, he may love you and yet rarely touch you.
- When a man touches a woman’s face, this is often a sign that he wants to be closer to her.
- A touch on the shoulder or hand isn’t necessarily an intimate touch in most cultures. However, if he touches you on the lower back, or gently moves his hand along your leg, this is often a sign of attraction.
- If he only touches you in private, this is a warning sign. If he touches you ONLY in public, never in private, this is another warning sign.
- Respect is required in the way he touches you. If you don’t like the way he touches you, and he does it anyway, he’s unlikely to really love you.
- 4 Make sure he wants you to spend time with his friends and family. If your boyfriend wants to keep you all for himself, not share you with his friends and family, he’s unlikely to really love you. If he really loves you, he’ll want to include you in all areas of his life.
- Including you in his family life may be difficult at first, especially if his relationship with his family is unsettled or rocky.
- If he treats you differently around his family and friends, ask him why this is. If he’s really in love with you, he’ll be proud of you no matter what company you’re in.
- 5 Confirm that he wants to spend time with your friends and family. Someone who loves you will be interested in your family and friends. Even if he doesn’t like them, he’ll be willing to spend time with them if you want him to.
- If your boyfriend avoids your family and friends, he might be shy. If he tries to get you to avoid them as well, he may be overly controlling. This is a bad sign.
- If he doesn’t care to get to know your family and friends, this is a sign that he doesn’t really care about you.
- 6 Notice if he does things you want to do. Someone who loves you will try to do the things you want to do, even if he doesn’t care for them. For example, he’ll eat in restaurants because you like them, or go to cultural events because you’ve asked him to. If all your activities revolve around his interests, this may be a sign that he doesn’t really love you.
- Doing things because someone else wants to is an action of generosity. If he insists on your doing something for him, because he did something you enjoy, this isn’t generous. It’s a form of manipulation,
- A man who really loves you will pay attention to what you like and dislike. He’ll try to make sure you’re happy, because your happiness matters to him.
- 7 Avoid him if he hurts you. Sometimes people say that they are doing hurtful things “because I love you.” If your boyfriend says this to you, this is a warning sign. Learn to Recognize a Potentially Abusive Relationship and ask for help.
- Abusive behavior isn’t limited to physical violence. If your boyfriend really loves you, he will treat you with respect. He won’t degrade you, call you names, or put down your accomplishments.
- If you aren’t sure whether to trust your boyfriend when he says he loves you, ask a parent or a trusted friend for advice.
- 1 Listen for his use of the word “we” rather than “I”. When someone loves you, he considers you when he’s thinking about his daily life. When he makes plans for the future, he includes you.
- Does he include you in his plans, or does he make plans for himself alone?
- When he talks to his friends or family on the phone, does he mention things you’ve done together? Does he let them know when he’s with you? Or does he avoid talking to his friends when he’s with you?
- 2 See if he apologizes when he’s wrong. Some men have an easy time saying they’re sorry, but their actions might not change. Some men refuse to say they’re sorry, even when they’re clearly in the wrong. Notice how your boyfriend reacts when he’s done something hurtful or insensitive. Does he apologize?
- If someone apologizes easily, but seems to repeat the same behavior patterns, his apologies aren’t very meaningful.
- A boyfriend who is stubborn may have a hard time apologizing for when he’s wrong, but if he loves you he’ll be uncomfortable until things are right between you again.
- 3 Check out whether his words match his actions. The boyfriend who says things that his actions don’t back up is essentially untrustworthy. Someone whose actions and words doesn’t match has a disconnect with his thinking. This disconnect is demonstrated through his actions and words.
- When someone’s words and actions don’t match up, he isn’t trustworthy. Even if he loves you, you won’t be able to trust him.
- Many times, a boyfriend will try to explain away this disconnect through confessing his negative life experiences. This often has the result of girls feeling sorry for him and trying to help.
- Other times, someone caught in a disconnect will try to blame you. He’ll turn your conversation around to accuse you of negative thinking. This is a warning sign.
- 4 Remember that saying “I love you” isn’t enough. Someone who says, “I love you,” but doesn’t act in loving, caring ways doesn’t really love you. The words “I love you” are sometimes used in dishonest, manipulative ways. When someone says, “I love you,” consider if their actions match their words.
- If you aren’t sure whether you should trust someone’s words, ask a trusted person for help figuring it out. Maybe they’ve noticed something that you haven’t.
- If you feel convinced your boyfriend really loves you, then you’re ready to think about whether or not that’s good enough for you. If your boyfriend loves you, it doesn’t mean that you have to love him back.
Add New Question
- Question How do you test if your boyfriend loves you? John Keegan is a dating coach and motivational speaker based in New York City. He runs The Awakened Lifestyle, where he uses his expertise in dating, attraction, and social dynamics to help people find love. He teaches and holds dating workshops internationally, from Los Angeles to London and from Rio de Janeiro to Prague. Dating Coach Expert Answer Support wikiHow by unlocking this expert answer. Look for these signs that your boyfriend might not be in love with you anymore: he isn’t showing up for you the way he used to. He’s not taking your calls or answering your texts. He’s starting to pull away. He doesn’t want to spend as much time with you or has too many excuses to not see you. He’d rather hang out with his friends than you. He’s not as playful with you as he used to be.
- Question What if my boyfriend doesn’t speak to me? Ask him what’s going on. He’s probably bothered by something else and does not realize you are affected by it. You’re in a relationship, and one of the pro’s for that is that you should always be there for each other. And most importantly, listen.
- Question I always call my boyfriend rather than him calling me. This makes me feel sad but if I complain it starts an argument. What can I do? Tell him your feelings without blaming him for them. Tell him you fear that the relationship is one-sided. If he values you, your happiness will be important to him, and he should make an effort to please you.
See more answers Ask a Question 200 characters left Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered. Submit Advertisement
There are many online quizzes that claim to tell you whether or not your boyfriend really loves you. Take them if you want to, but consider their results with caution. These quizzes might be most interesting to help you think about your relationship in a new way.
- If you find yourself regularly doing things you don’t want to do, or saying things you don’t want to say, because of your boyfriend, you might be in a bad relationship.
- Remember that abusive relationships take many shapes. If you aren’t sure if you’re being abused, consider doing some research into the warning signs of abuse.
Advertisement Article Summary X If you want to know whether your boyfriend really loves you, think about the way he treats you. For example, if he respects your ideas and opinions even when he doesn’t agree with them, that’s a good sign that he loves you.
You should also think about the way he touches you. If he only touches you in private, but never in public, this could be a sign that he’s not truly in love with you. Along with his actions, you should pay attention to what he says, especially when he does something wrong. If your boyfriend loves you, he should be able to apologize without being dismissive or finding ways to put the blame on you.
Most importantly, make sure he says “I love you” while acting in a loving and caring way, and not because he’s trying to manipulate you into something. For more advice, including how to tell if your boyfriend is being abusive, keep reading. Did this summary help you? Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 1,422,156 times.
How men fall in love?
In many ways, men may fall in love in a way that mimics the female experience. The early stages can involve an infatuation with someone else, which can slowly deepen into trust, compassion and deep attachment. Men may also fall in love quickly and feel a strong need for affection from their partners.
How do men express love?
16. He tries to make life easier for you – To be clear on how do guys express their feelings, you can know by how he treats the obstacles in your way. For example, if a man is interested in you, he will ensure that he makes life easier for you. This might involve clearing hindrances and obstacles standing in the way of your success.
How do I touch my boyfriend to make him feel special?
Download Article Download Article Caressing your boyfriend with gentle, loving touches is a sweet way to let him know you appreciate him. Even though showing your boyfriend how you feel about him involves much more than physical touches, this is a great way to start. Caressing him can also be done when you’re showing your appreciation in other ways, like when you’re talking or doing an activity together.
- 1 Wait for a sweet moment. If you have treated your boyfriend well and cared for him well, you have set yourself up well. Your boyfriend will appreciate your special touch even more when he knows that your emotions and heart are in it too. Find a special moment to caress your boyfriend, whether that’s when you two are in an intimate moment, when he’s saddened or upset by something, or in public when you can show others how much he means to you.
- 2 Learn how your boyfriend reacts to touch. Some guys are very physical and enjoy physical touch, while others may show their love for someone in a different way. While dating your special guy, learn how he reacts to certain things and when he seems to want to be touched the most.
- If you try to caress your boyfriend during a time when things don’t seem perfectly okay, and he reacts negatively, try not to take it personally. Unless he always acts this way around you, he may just need his space or time to think and doesn’t receive touch well during these times.
- If your boyfriend never seems to like being caressed, or reacts rudely or harshly when you try to touch him, it may be a good time to talk to him about how you feel. You don’t want to be dating someone who doesn’t appreciate it when you touch him.
- 3 Offer to give him a massage, If your guy has had a long week and looks like he needs to rest, or you just want an excuse to touch him, ask your boyfriend if you can give him a massage. He will likely say yes and it’s your opportunity to help him relax; it can create intimacy between the two of you as well.
- Ask him where he is experiencing the most tension and what feels the best. Your boyfriend will likely love a massage that caters to the areas in his body that need the most attention. After you have loosened him up a bit he may be more intimate with you, or willing to give you a massage.
- 4 Brush the hair out of his face. If you are looking to caress your boyfriend in hopes that it will lead to something more, find an excuse to touch his face. Brush the hair out of his face, touch his cheek, or gently hold his face in your hands for a few seconds. Your boyfriend will likely make eye contact with you and it may lead into something more, like a kiss.
- Some of the best times to do a caress like this is when it is unexpected. Catch him off guard so that his attention is immediately drawn back to you.
- 5 Touch his shoulder or grab his hand. This is often the most gentle and sweetest way to caress your boyfriend, because it is such a light touch that shows him you are thinking about him. When you are in public or with friends, reach over and grab his hand, squeeze it, and let it go. Or, reach up and gently touch his shoulder or rub his back, letting him know you are thinking about him.
- Moments where your boyfriend seems upset, sad, or has experienced some sort of loss can be the sweetest times to caress him in this way. It gives him the space he may need to mourn or grieve, but lets him know that you are there for him and care for him.
- 6 Embrace him. Show your man you care for him and/or love him by giving him a tender, long hug. Most guys enjoy the feeling of being up close to their significant other, and a hug can be a deep display of affection. Hug your boyfriend from behind and wrap your arms around his waist, or embrace him from the front and hold him tight. Sometimes a hug is all you need to make your day better, so why not make his better by greeting him with a full-body embrace.
- 7 Be careful touching your boyfriend when he’s angry. You may be tempted to caress your boyfriend during times of high stress or when you are in an argument, because you feel like it could soften the mood. However, when people are angry, many times their personal bubble expands, and they don’t want to be touched or caressed.
- If your boyfriend is acting like he wants space, or seems distant or aloof because he is angry or irritated with you, you might avoid caressing him. In those moments he may need a little bit of time to cool off and think through things. Reaching out and touching him could set him off even more or make him feel he needs an even greater distance.
- If the two of you are at the end of a fight, and you aren’t sure if it is a good time to touch your boyfriend, you can try asking him. Simply ask “Is it okay if I hug you or hold you now?” That way, you know if he’s in a place where he wants to be near you.
- 1 Appreciate him. The greatest way to show your boyfriend you care about him is to reveal to him how much you appreciate him. Guys often want to feel needed and want to know that you appreciate them. Don’t forget to remind him every now and then how much you do care for him and how thankful you are to have him around.
- When you compliment your boyfriend and make him feel like the things he does for you aren’t in vain, it can create positive effects in your life as well. If he feels like his significant other appreciates him and notices him, he may be more likely to do things for you, because he knows that you won’t just ignore him or critique him.
- 2 Compliment him. Compliments don’t just affect women. Men like and enjoy compliments as well, so compliment him every now and then to boost his confidence and to show him you find him attractive in appearance and personality. Compliment his looks, but also compliment his actions. Let him know when he does something well or when you are proud of him.
- In moments when your boyfriend is experiencing difficulty or has recently failed at something, take time to encourage him and remind him of his strengths and what he is good at. Uplifting your boyfriend in times when he is feeling insecure is one of the best ways to compliment him.
- 3 Help him when you can. Even in those moments when your boyfriend irritates you and the last thing you want to do is help him, sacrifice your pride and help him out. Taking time and energy to work alongside your boyfriend or to help ease his load is a great way to show your boyfriend you care for him and love him.
- Helping your boyfriend may look like different things. It may be running errands for him when his life gets crazy. It may be helping him with school work or his workload. It may be giving him space to sort things out. The best way to help you boyfriend is to do things without him having to ask first. This will show him that you aren’t helping him out of obligation or helping him just because he asked – you are doing it because you care about him enough to help him out.
- 4 Talk sweetly to him and give him grace. Along with complimenting your boyfriend, you can talk tenderly and sweetly to him to express your feelings and care for him. Tell him how you feel about him, try to avoid jumping to conclusions, and give your boyfriend grace when he needs it.
- Giving your boyfriend grace means not holding grudges against him, forgiving him, and showing him love, even when it is difficult. Showing someone grace can often be humbling, but it helps him see that you are understanding and know that you aren’t perfect either.
- This doesn’t mean that you can let your boyfriend walk all over you, or continually mess up with no regard to your feelings. If your boyfriend continually hurts your or is constantly making mistakes, you should talk to him. Communication is key to a healthy relationship, so if you have given your boyfriend grace countless times and continue to forgive him, but his behavior still throws you off, it’s time you have a conversation with him.
- 5 Maintain a healthy relationship. The key to caring for your boyfriend is making it a priority to keep the relationship healthy. You may pretend like everything is okay by engaging in physical touch, but at the end of the day physical touch won’t be enough. Communicate regularly with your boyfriend and make sure you two have created a safe place to share how you are feeling in the relationship.
- For a healthy relationship you should avoid dating someone who doesn’t seem that into you, or is only keeping you around until something “better” comes along. Dating someone who shares the same values as you do and is committed to you will result in the best relationship and the least amount of heartbreak.
Add New Question
- Question How do I know if my boyfriend wants me to caress him? Connell Barrett is a Relationship Expert and the Founder and Executive Coach of Dating Transformation in New York City. Connell has over five years of experience as an international coach who helps men connect with women by unlocking their best, true, most confident selves. Dating Coach Expert Answer
- Question Is it right if my boyfriend keeps telling me how much other girls admire him? He’s just telling you that so you’ll get jealous and so that you’ll believe that he’s a “catch” and want to stay with him. If this bothers you, tell him that. Say something like, “I don’t like it when you’re always talking about how other girls like you. It makes me uncomfortable.” Hopefully he’ll stop. If he doesn’t, he’s not a very good boyfriend, and he’s not taking your feelings into consideration.
- Question What should I my boyfriend and I do when we’re alone having quiet time? Put on a film, read a book, tell stupid jokes that are so terrible they’re funny. It’s always fun to cook or bake something with your partner as well.
See more answers Ask a Question 200 characters left Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered. Submit Advertisement Article Summary X To caress your boyfriend, learn how he reacts to touch. Some guys are very physical and enjoy being touched, while others prefer maintaining their personal space.
Knowing his tendencies will help you pick the right time to make your move! Wait for a special moment where caressing him will be sweet, like in public when you can show others how much he means to you, or when you two are sharing an intimate moment. Be careful about touching him when he’s angry, because some people don’t like to be approached when they’re mad.
Try initiating caressing him by offering to give him a massage, brushing his hair out of his face, hugging him, or squeezing his hand. This will draw his attention to you and let him know you’re there for him. For more advice on how to show your boyfriend you care, read below! Did this summary help you? Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 270,650 times.