How To Treat Your Wife
11 Ways to Respect Your Wife’s Feelings
- Listen to Her. Listening is one of the sincerest forms of showing respect to your wife.
- Be Mindful of How You Communicate.
- Don’t Do Anything to Hurt Her.
- Provide For Your Family.
- Don’t Raise Your Voice.
- Demonstrate Trust.
- Make Her Feel Secured.
- Make Important Decisions Together.
How is a husband supposed to treat a wife?
Love your wife unconditionally. Ephesians 5:25 reads, ‘Husbands, love your wives, as Christ also loved the church and gave himself up for her.’ Your unconditional acceptance of your wife is not based upon her performance, but on her worth as God’s gift to you.
What a woman needs from her husband?
Top 10 Traits Women Want In A Husband Betsie Van der Meer/Getty Images What do women want? Sociologists Christine B. Whelan at the University of Pittsburgh and Christie F. Boxer at the University of Iowa have answered the age-old question. They analyzed the results of a 2008 survey asking women to rank attractive qualities of a potential spouse.
- They then compared those results to men’s answers and to similar surveys conducted throughout the 1900s.
- You’ve come a long way, baby.
- Thierry Dosogne/Getty images Interestingly, modern women rank a man’s financial potential as more desirable than they have in the past.
- In 1939 women ranked it lower on the list, at No.13.
It still comes in after items like love and maturity, but perhaps today’s women realize that a good economic partner is good husband material. iStockphoto Health has been an important characteristic for women through the 20th century and remains so today.
One might argue that because we’re living even longer, health plays a huge role in the success of a marriage. Jupiterimages/Getty Images Ambition has become less important to women over time, though it still makes their top 10 checklist. It may be that because more women are thriving in the workforce, they want a husband who has earning power but aren’t looking for him to be the sole provider.
In 1939 women ranked ambition at No.3, and it was No.4 in 1956. Dougal Waters/Getty Images Surprisingly, a man’s likability does not rank as high on women’s list of wants as it used to. Until recently, women consistently ranked it at No.4. Perhaps women are now more willing to accept a man for who he his, despite the inevitable mood swings.
- Thomas Jackson/Getty Images Both men and women rank sociability at No.6 on their marriage-material list.
- And for both sexes, it has been steadily moving up the list from around No.12 in 1939.
- The rise of the “love marriage,” a partnership based on attraction rather than practicalities (like wealth or status) might mean that married couples are more likely to be friends and have mutual circles of friends.
Sean Locke/iStockphoto Women have ranked education and intelligence at No.5 since 1977, making it one of their most desirable male traits for 30 years. This timeline coincides with more and more women receiving college educations themselves. Once education became important in women’s lives, it became a more attractive trait in potential husbands.
Thomas Northcut/Getty Images Today, women are much more attracted to men who are interested in home and family than they ever have been. In 1977 they ranked this characteristic at No.10. Because most women today are expecting to be in dual-earner relationships, they want husbands who will be happy and willing to contribute at home.
More women today even report that they hope he will take the lead at home. Eric Raptosh Photography/Blend Images/Getty Images This has consistently ranked in women’s top three throughout the 20th century. Men, too, place a heavy emphasis on a potential wife’s emotional maturity, signaling that it’s a key quality for a stable partnership.
- Women seem to look past appearance to the heart of the matter; they ranked good looks at No.12.
- Image Source/Getty Images Women want a husband that they can count on, and this hasn’t changed in recent years.
- Yes, women look to their spouse to be a lover and friend, but they also want him to be supportive and trustworthy.
They want to know that he will be there and will be loyal. Men, too, rank dependable character high on their lists, at No.2. Betsie Van der Meer/Getty Images The highest-rated characteristic women seek from men is mutual attraction and love. They no longer look for a man who will provide for them; they want to be in love.
What does a wife need to feel loved?
2. Words of Affirmation. – Your wife needs to be told that she is loved, that she is beautiful to you, and that she is valued. “Your wife needs to be told that she is loved, that she is beautiful to you, and that she is valued.” While as men, we enjoy our wife re-affirming us and our roles, we need to make sure that we are constantly feeding affirmation into her heart and life as well.
What is a husband supposed to do?
What Is the Husband’s Role In A Marriage? – Did you know that the origin of the word ‘husband’ comes from ‘house band,’ which means a person who holds the house together? The role of the husband in a marriage was to be the protector or guardian of the house.
Contrary to this, a husband today is a 50% partner in a marriage. Earlier, the entire household depended on the man to bring in money and food and protect the wife and children. He was portrayed as the ‘savior,’ and everyone wanted a strong husband. However, in the world we are living in today, the role of a husband, while largely remaining the same, has seen some modifications as women have taken ownership of their share of 50% in the marriage.
Most religious books, like the Bible, the Vedas, and the Quran, mention that a man must respect and love his wife, In spite of this status given to women, marriage was largely dominated by the husband in the earlier days. Despite the progress of modern society, there are still situations in which women are considered inferior by men. Image: IStock The primary role of a husband in a marriage is to love his wife unconditionally and unselfishly. The husband is often looked at as the rock-solid support in a family and someone a wife can lean on in her difficult times. No matter the era or age, the husband in the marriage is always the stronger, masculine, and less emotional individual of the two.
- Nowadays, the roles in a marriage tend to “mix” somehow.
- It’s not surprising to see a man doing tasks that traditions and common habits tend to assign to a woman and vice-versa.
- There is nothing wrong with this.
- What counts is the balance the partners create within the marriage based on mutual love and respect.
When a husband loves his wife truly and wholly, respect and honor follow almost immediately. Earlier, women were thought of as the weaker sex, and husbands took it upon themselves to ensure their wives’ safety and protection. Today, a husband walks hand in hand with his equally strong wife. Image: IStock
What is true love of a husband?
When does one experience true love? – The one question we all have is, “how to know if it’s true love”? It’s different for every couple. Some can realize the signs of true love in a relationship after a few months. For some, it can take years or even a decade. Sadly, not everyone will get to experience relationship true love, as love itself is a quest and a risk.
What men need in marriage?
Willard Harvey, in his book His Needs/Her Needs, states the five top needs of men in marriage. Those five needs are admiration, physical attractiveness, recreational companionship, sexual fulfillment and domestic support.
What does the Bible say about how a man should treat a woman?
Ephesians 5:25-26 – Woman’s Day/Getty Images “Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word.” The Good News: Husbands are called to love and respect their wives.