Icd 10 Code For Lower Abdominal Pain
Unspecified abdominal pain –
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 Billable/Specific Code
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To R10.30 R09.89 Other specified symptoms and signs involving the circulatory and respiratory systems R10 Abdominal and pelvic pain R10.1 Pain localized to upper abdomen R10.10 Upper abdominal pain, unspecified R10.11 Right upper quadrant pain R10.12 Left upper quadrant pain R10.2 Pelvic and perineal pain R10.3 Pain localized to other parts of lower abdomen R10.30 Lower abdominal pain, unspecified R10.31 Right lower quadrant pain R10.32 Left lower quadrant pain R10.33 Periumbilical pain R10.8 Other abdominal pain R10.81 Abdominal tenderness R10.811 Right upper quadrant abdominal tenderness R10.812 Left upper quadrant abdominal tenderness R10.813 Right lower quadrant abdominal tenderness R10.814 Left lower quadrant abdominal tenderness R10.815 Periumbilic abdominal tenderness Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.
- 0.1 What is the ICD-10 code for lower abdomen pain?
- 0.2 What is the ICD-10 code for left lower abdominal pain?
- 0.3 What is ICD-9 for lower abdominal pain unspecified?
- 1 What is the ICD for left upper Abdominal pain?
What is the ICD-10 code for lower abdomen pain?
ICD-10 code R10.30 for Lower abdominal pain, unspecified is a medical classification as listed by WHO under the range – Symptoms, signs and abnormal clinical and laboratory findings, not elsewhere classified.
What is the ICD-10 code for left lower abdominal pain?
What is ICD-9 for lower abdominal pain unspecified?
ICD-9 code 789.00 for Abdominal pain unspecified site is a medical classification as listed by WHO under the range -SYMPTOMS (780-789).
What is the ICD for left upper Abdominal pain?
What is the ICD-9 code for cramps?
728.85 Spasm of muscle – ICD-9-CM Vol.
What is the ICD-10 ICD-10 for Abdominal pain?
ICD-10 code R10.9 for Unspecified abdominal pain is a medical classification as listed by WHO under the range – Symptoms, signs and abnormal clinical and laboratory findings, not elsewhere classified.
What is functional abdominal pain syndrome ICD-10?
Abdominal and pelvic pain –
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 Non-Billable/Non-Specific Code
Type 1 Excludes
renal colic ( N23 )
Type 2 Excludes
- dorsalgia ( M54.- )
- flatulence and related conditions ( R14.- )
Abdominal and pelvic pain
- Abdominal pain
- Abdominal pain, acute
- Abdominal pain, chronic
- Abdominal pain, recurrent
- Abdominal pain, visceral
- Abdominal wall pain
- Acute abdominal pain
- Acute exacerbation of chronic abdominal pain
- Chronic abdominal pain
- Chronic abdominal pain with acute exacerbation
- Flank pain
- Recurrent abdominal pain
- Visceral pain
- A disorder characterized by a sensation of marked discomfort in the abdominal region.
- Painful sensation in the abdominal region.
- Sensation of discomfort, distress, or agony in the abdominal region; generally associated with functional disorders, tissue injuries, or diseases.
- Your abdomen extends from below your chest to your groin. Some people call it the stomach, but your abdomen contains many other important organs. Pain in the abdomen can come from any one of them. The pain may start somewhere else, such as your chest. Severe pain doesn’t always mean a serious problem. Nor does mild pain mean a problem is not serious. Call your healthcare provider if mild pain lasts a week or more or if you have pain with other symptoms. Get medical help immediately if
- you have abdominal pain that is sudden and sharp
- you also have pain in your chest, neck or shoulder
- you’re vomiting blood or have blood in your stool
- your abdomen is stiff, hard and tender to touch
- you can’t move your bowels, especially if you’re also vomiting
ICD-10-CM R10.9 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v 40.0):
- 391 Esophagitis, gastroenteritis and miscellaneous digestive disorders with mcc
- 392 Esophagitis, gastroenteritis and miscellaneous digestive disorders without mcc
Convert R10.9 to ICD-9-CM Code History
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015) : New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016) : No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017) : No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018) : No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019) : No change
- 2021 (effective 10/1/2020) : No change
- 2022 (effective 10/1/2021) : No change
- 2023 (effective 10/1/2022) : No change
- Pain (s) R52 – see also Painful ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code R52